I consume a ton of content – articles, podcasts, videos, apps, etc. I’ll be sharing a list with you each month of the best resources I’ve found that will help you on your journey to becoming a better investor.
Here are 5 great resources for March:
- Resource 1: The Psychology of Money by Morgan Housel was the best investing book I read in 2020, full of great insights that will make anyone a better investor. This Twitter thread neatly summarizes many of the book’s key concepts.
- Resource 2: A Warning to ARK Investors – Cathie Wood is the hot fund manager of the year. This video illustrates some of the dangers that may be in the cards for those who chase performance in funds. There’s a reason why the disclaimer says “Past performance is no guarantee of future returns.”
- Resource 3: How REITs (and You) Are Taxed – I get asked a lot of questions about REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts), but most people don’t think about the tax consequences of owning one in their portfolio. It can get complicated, but this article succinctly summarizes the tax implications of REITs without making your eyes cross.
- Resource 4: 2021’s Dividend Aristocrats List: All 65 Stocks – “Dividend Aristocrats” are companies with a history of raising their dividend at least 25 years in a row. This list summarizes all 65 companies in the club as well as how long their dividend streak has been going.
- Resource 5: How the Market Works – Paper trading is a great way to learn about investing without putting any real money at stake. Instead, you can use this market simulation to buy and sell stocks using a hypothetical portfolio and join contests to compete against other investors. This site is a fantastic tool to teach your kids about investing.
What are the best investing resources you’ve come across recently? Whether it’s a website, book, podcast, video, or app, I’d love to hear about it and may even feature your pick in a future column!
Reply in the comments below and let me know…
Ready to find out more?
We're watching the stock market so you won't have to. Get our instant text and email trade alerts whenever we make a trade and gain exclusive access to a multi-million dollar portfolio.
Try out Membership today with a 60-day free trial.
Transform Your Portfolio
Trade alongside an individual investor who's more than QUADRUPLED the market over the last ten years
(938.38% return vs. the S&P’s 229.36%, as of 7/31/2023).
The average annual return over those ten years is
26.37% compared to 12.66% for the S&P 500.
Try out Membership today with a 90 day money-back guarantee.