I consume a ton of content – articles, podcasts, videos, apps, etc. I’ll be sharing a list with you each month of the best investing resources I’ve found that will help you on your journey to becoming a better investor.
Here are 5 great investing resources for May:
- Resource 1: Wall Street Crime And Punishment: The Salad Oil Scandal Of 1963 – Scams, soybeans and Warren Buffett: this story from Benzinga’s Phil Hall was a fascinating read.
- Resource 2: Amor Fati! – Amor Fati is “The Love of Fate…used to describe an attitude in which one sees everything that happens in one’s life, including suffering and loss, as good or, at the very least, necessary.” This Twitter thread from “Decade Investor” shows how you can apply this mantra to investing.
- Resource 3: Financial Insights w/ Billionaire Jeffrey Gundlach – I’ve interviewed Tony Robbins and Jeffrey Gundlach, so it was a real treat to hear them speak with each other. They talk about taxes, asset allocation and inflation (Gundlach mentions that the U.S. has spent a staggering $8.1 trillion over the last 12 months, 56% of which is debt).
- Resource 4: Why Some Risk is Good for You – Risk gets a bad rap when it comes to investing, but you need to take on some risk to generate returns. This Investing Daily article from Scott Chan breaks down the last 20 years of S&P 500 total returns. It shows how “over the long run, despite occasional, and sometimes scary, corrections, the stock market trends upward.”
- Resource 5: Gen I: What Investing’s New Class Looks Like – This Kiplinger article reports on a Charles Schwab survey. According to the survey, 15% of investors got started in 2020. Schwab is calling this group “Generation Investor” or “Gen I.” That’s nice for their marketing purposes, but what’s really interesting is how varied this group is (11% are Baby Boomers!).
What are the best investing resources you’ve come across recently? Whether it’s a website, book, podcast, video, or app, I’d love to hear about it and may even feature your pick in a future email!
Comment below and let me know…
Ready to find out more?
We're watching the stock market so you won't have to. Get our instant text and email trade alerts whenever we make a trade and gain exclusive access to a multi-million dollar portfolio.
Try out Membership today with a 60-day free trial.
Transform Your Portfolio
Trade alongside an individual investor who's more than QUADRUPLED the market over the last ten years
(938.38% return vs. the S&P’s 229.36%, as of 7/31/2023).
The average annual return over those ten years is
26.37% compared to 12.66% for the S&P 500.
Try out Membership today with a 90 day money-back guarantee.